The mission of Freedom 4/24 is to bring freedom and justice to victims and survivors of sexual exploitation and human trafficking through raising awareness and education and providing financial support for frontline organizations working to end these forms of modern-day slavery.
The Awareness & Education (A&E) Initiative is a prevention and education program reaching youth in the greater Lynchburg area with the aim of equipping them with knowledge and confidence to prevent the spread of human trafficking in their communities, to protect them from predators, to provide practical tools for online behaviors and safety, and to help them develop healthy, safe relationships.
- One hundred and fifty-six human trafficking cases reported in Virginia in 2017 (National Human Trafficking Hotline, 2017).
- Over 21 percent of those trafficked for sex are children (THE WHITE HOUSE, Office of the Press Secretary, 2018).
- There are more than 19,395 registered sex offenders in the state of Virginia (National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, 2012).
- Sexting is now the 6th top ranked issue in the list of health concerns for U.S. children (C.S. Mott Children’s Hospital, 2015).
- One in seven kids received a sexual solicitation online (National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, 2013).
Freedom 4/24 offers three different curriculum options through the A&E Initiative:
- Prevention Project curriculum provides 6-8 interactive sessions
- Sold No More Power over Predator provides one 75 minute assembly style session
- iEmpathize provides five 25 minute sessions
For leaders, students, or members in the community that are interested in learning more about Freedom 4/24 and how to access the Awareness & Education program, please click the button below to request a speaker and/or more information.